Thursday, June 11, 2009

New Update...

On Monday, June 8th, we headed back to the James for a CT Scan of Eric's lung. They wanted to compare the mass from the last CT scan that he had in Coshocton, which was done on March 28th. They informed us that if the mass had stayed the same or grown, they would proceed to take some of the lung. After his scan, we went over to Dr. Ross's office to find out if the biopsies on his right side lymph nodes were back. They were and we were told that they were benign. Yea!!!! Thank God!!!! So here we go again...wait to see what the scan results show. The next day, I spoke with Dr. Ross's assistant and she told me that she was trying to open the scans from Coshocton and couldn't open their disc...imagine that. She also said that from what she could tell, we would probably most likely be headed for surgery. The measurements she gave me didn't seem to be that big. When I asked her about that, she told me that in the general scheme of things, that isn't very big, BUT, it is big in the lung, because there shouldn't be anything there. She also said it's like taking an apple and testing a small tiny piece of it, you won't know what you are dealing with until you get to the core of that apple. She said that everyone would rest better at night knowing that they got it out and didn't miss any cancer, if that is what it is. I have a feeling that the reason they wanted to do the scan again was to see if it had gone away, and it didn't. So there you have it, surgery is scheduled for Monday, June 15th, and I should know more today. Dr. Ross was going to do some comparing to the scans today, so waiting to hear back from him. Not assigned a time yet, will let you all know more when I do. Probably a 5 day stay at the James. Keep on praying!!!! We appreciate it.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Jessica, my husband Mike showed me your blog the other night. We have been praying for your husband, you, and your little guy. You are in very good hands at the James. I will keep praying.
Wendy